The food pantry ministry has been happening for over 20 years at North Garland. It is available to any in the community and is maintained and operated each week by over 25 people who help unload food trucks, stock the shelves and facilitate its operation each Thursday.
The holiday season at the end of the year is an especially busy time in the pantry. As heating bills rise because of cold weather money for food can become tight. The pantry seeks to help by providing and entire meal which includes a turkey for each family that comes.
If you are interested in helping serve in the pantry ministry contact Pete Tippit at 580-233-3604.
Do you need food?
- Pantry hours are Thursday’s from 9:30-11:30. We are closed on the 1st Thursday of every month and major holidays.
- Patrons can only come 1 time per month.
- Patrons need to show photo I.D. the first time they come and bring a current bill or piece of mail.
- Must bring a current bill or piece of mail EVERY time you come.
- Pantry patrons are encouraged to call in the day of pantry. That will save time when you arrive and will give us a chance to remind you to bring a bill or piece of mail. North Garland Church of Christ phone number is 580-237-4658.